Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chocolate before 7 am

Is it wrong to eat chocolate before 7 am?  Answer...No.  Not if you are absurdly pregnant with a head cold and are not drinking coffee and have just spent the past five minutes out in the pouring rain bringing in trays of seedlings before they perished in the torrent.  And besides...it is not like I dipped into the pot de creme in the fridge.  No, just a small bite from an organic chocolate bar to make me feel a little better.

Chocolate makes everything better.  That is my motto.  This may sound terrible, but when Lil' Bit is having a rough day and just can't seem to keep it together my last weapon against full blown temper tantrum is a little bit of chocolate.  It is amazing how she will go from sour to sweet with just a nibble.  I feel the same way.  Just a bite of chocolate and I too feel immediately better.

It is one of the world's most favorite foods for a reason, and it is not because of its looks if you know what I mean?  Studies show that it releases endorphins, increases blood flow, and relieves anxiety.  In other words, it makes you feel good.

I gave Chef a word of advice this week, "You realize that in about 2 weeks you will be the lone human male living with 3 women in a confined space for the rest of your days?  I have one word of advice, always keep chocolate in the house."

After my little pre-sunrise indulgence, I decided to go full force and had an English muffin with a nice scoop of...
Whatevs.  If there is one point in woman's life when chocolate should take precedent over basic nutrition it is at 38 weeks pregnant.

3 comments:

emilyalane said...

it's ok to eat chocolate before 7am no matter the circumstances...

my first job in life was at a chocolatier and since then I've always had a deep respect for the power it holds...

Andalee said...

I agree with Emily.

candace fasano said...

I started doing raw cacao with other superfoods in a shake in the mornings, its so good for you and makes me feel happy all day. Magical.